After a winter filled with cold weather and snow days, there’s something about the first signs of spring that makes you want to air out your house and start fresh. As you begin your spring cleaning, take this opportunity to begin downsizing throughout your home. Make it a breeze with these simple tips and remember to create your keep, sell, donate piles along the way.
- Make a schedule: avoid getting overwhelmed by dedicating one hour a day to cleaning.
- De-clutter: by doing this first you will be less stressed and more motivated to clean the rest of your home.
- Work from top to bottom: when cleaning your home, start from the ceiling down. This eliminates the need to re-clean your space later on.
- Think green: while cleaning don’t expose yourself to unnecessary chemicals and toxins. Steam cleaning is a great way to do this!
- Don’t forget about your air: this is the most overlooked part of spring cleaning! Remember to replace your furnace and HVAC filters to improve your indoor air quality.
- Set a new tone: Once you’ve completed your spring cleaning add new simple touches around your home to change up your space for the warm weather ahead.
Now you can feel motivated to tackle this spring with your freshly cleaned home.